School Leaving Procedure for Taught/Research Postgraduate Students(Summer Term, 2023)
School Leaving Procedure for Taught/Research Postgraduate Students
(Applicable to students who complete their studies and meet the graduationrequirements of Summer Term, 2023)
According to the notice from University, this year’s Taught Postgraduate Students must complete the leaving-school procedures before August 5 2023 (Saturday)，Research Postgraduate Students must complete the leaving-school procedures before 15 August 2023 (Tuesday). To ensure the students can finish the graduation procedures smoothly, the Graduate School Office has formulated the following graduation instructions, please read carefully:
1. 【Leaving-School Procedure】
Please check and complete the procedures for graduation and leaving-school on “Student Management System” (https://stu.cuhk.edu.cn/).
- Please follow the guidelines in the appendix "Graduate Student Leaving School Management Operation Manual" to fill in the Leaving School Questionnaire and graduation application. You are required to complete the Leaving School Questionnaire to finish the graduation application. Students may log in【Graduate's Leave Clearance】and click in 【View My Application for Graduation】to track the approval process. Kindly note that degree certificates can only be collected after all the leaving-school procedures have been completed.
2. 【Check-out procedure】 (applicable to students who live in campus or Shenzhen MSU-BIT University):
According to the notice from University, Taught Postgraduate Students who will finish their studies before end of July 2023 must complete the check-out procedure before 5 August 2023 (Saturday). Research Postgraduate Students who will submit their thesis before August 2023 must complete the check-out procedure before 15 August 2023 (Tuesday). For check-out procedure and entry requirements for parents and vehicles, please refer to the notice from the college/Shenzhen MSU-BIT University.
3. 【Degree Certificate】
Students who meet the graduation requirements will be awarded degree certificate from The Chinese University of Hong Kong in 15 October 2023. It is expected that the Graduate School will issue a notification regarding the collection of degree certificates in Early October by email.
4. 【Contact Information】
After leaving school, your university email account is still valid for usage. Programme will send out notices email (such as graduation ceremony, degree certificate issuance, etc.) to you. And please keep checking your email account. Please update us timely by email firstname.lastname@example.org for any changes in personal contact.
5. 【Household Registration Transfer】(Applicable to students who have profile in Mainland China)
Household registration transfer consulting department: Security Team
Contact: Mrs. Chen, Tel: 0755-84273200
6. 【File Transfer】 (Applicable to students who have profile in Mainland China)
7. 【Relevant Departments and Contact Information】
Information Technology Services Team: 0755-84273333; iSupport@cuhk.edu.cn
Library: 0755-23515151; email@example.com
Security Office: 0755-84273200; firstname.lastname@example.org
Shaw College: 0755-84273098; email@example.com
Diligentia College: 0755-84273912; firstname.lastname@example.org
Muse College: 0755-84273960; email@example.com
Harmonia College: 0755-23515400; firstname.lastname@example.org
Ling College: 0755-23515825; email@example.com
Shenzhen MSU-BIT University office: 0755-23516081; firstname.lastname@example.org
Card Service Center: 0755-84273125
Graduate School: 0755-84273900; email@example.com
If you have any questions about the graduation procedures, please contact the Graduate School (Tel: 0755-84273900, Contact: Ms. Xu).
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen
The Graduate School
14 July 2023