Graduation assessment will be conducted when students are about to reach the expected graduation date. The process is as follows:
1. Graduation Process
Step1: Grade released for all courses taken
Step2: Graduate School and Graduate Panel conduct graduation assessment
Step3: Graduate Panel checks whether students concerned have completed all graduation requirements
Step4: Graduate Panel returns the list of students recommended for graduation to the Graduate School
Step5: Board of Graduate Studies considers the list of students recommended for graduation
6.1 Graduate School sends a complimentary set of certifying letter and full transcript to students or;
6.2 Graduate School submits the list to the University PAB and CUHK for approval.
2. Collection of Graduation Certificates
Arrangements for collection of graduation certificates
Your graduation certificate is available for collection from May/September/November onwards, depends on the date that your diploma/degree is awarded/conferred, as detailed below. Please remember to bring along your ID card and the duly completed “Graduation Certificate Collection Form” when you come to collect your graduation certificate. If you do not have an ID card, please present your passport/ID document. The name and date of birth printed thereon must match with those in your student record.
Designated collection venue
Graduates may collect their graduation certificates from the following venue on or after the dates specified below.
Office of the Graduate School, Room 201, Daoyuan Building,
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen
Monday – Friday
8:45 am – 12:00 noon and 1:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays closed
Collection by your goodself
Please bring along the following documents:
(1) “Graduation Certificate Collection Form” with Section A completed
(2) Your ID card *
Collection by proxy
Please ask your representative to bring along the following documents:
(1) Original copy of “Graduation Certificate Collection Form” with both Sections A & B completed and with your signature on (photocopy of the Form is not accepted).
(2) A photocopy of your ID card * (picture and text must be clearly shown)
(3) Your representative’s ID document
The graduation certificate is an important and unique document. Please collect it at your earliest convenience after the Congregations and keep it in a safe place.
* If you do not have an ID card, please present your passport/ID document. The name and date of birth printed thereon must match with those in your student record for verification.