Notes for Applicants
The graduate certificate of the University is a unique document. No duplicate copy will be issued. However, a graduate may apply for a replacement certificate in case of loss or damage to an original certificate. Application for replacement due to change of name of the graduate (after graduation) will not be accepted.
1. A graduate shall only be in possession of ONE valid copy, including the replacement copy of the certificate for each degree and/or diploma at any given time. In other words, if a certificate, previously reported lost, was subsequently found, the graduate concerned is required to return the extra copy to the Graduate School (GS).
2. A replacement certificate shall, in general, follow the current format of the graduate certificate1, with an additional statement “This certificate is reissued on (DD/MM/YYYY) [in Chinese:本證書於YYYY年MM月DD日補發]”. The replacement shall bear the signatures of the current University officers.
3. Replacement certificates are to be issued each year at the time of the Congregation. Application submitted after 1 November each year will only be issued after the next Congregation that will normally be held in November/December in the subsequent year.
4. Graduates may apply for a replacement certificate by submitting an application Email (firstname.lastname@example.org). The required supporting documents are:
(a) A copy of the ID card^ / passport*;
(b) if the original certificate is damaged, please return it to GS for record;
(c) if the original certificate is lost, please provide the original copy of the relevant documentary evidence, e.g., police report / notarized statement.
The ID card number should be the same as the registration record at the University.
* If the graduate has lost / does not have an ID card, please provide a copy of the
passport. The name and date of birth printed thereon should be the same as the
registration record at the University.
5. A graduate may collect the replacement certificate(s) in person or authorize another person to act on your behalf.
6. The replacement fee is HK$800 for each replacement certificate. The replacement fee, once paid, is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
1. If only the degree / diploma name (but not the programme name) was shown on the original certificate, the replacement certificate, if issued, shall also bear the degree / diploma name only.